- The Architecture of First Amendment Free Speech (Michigan State Law Review, 2011).
- Security Council Resolution 1973 on Libya: A Moment of Legal and Moral Clarity (Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law, 2011).
- Occupy Wall Street and the U.S. Army's 82nd Airborne Division: A Hypothetical Examination of the Slippery Slope of Military Intervention during Civil Disturbance (George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal, 2012).
- Which Science? Whose Science? How Scientific Disciplines Can Shape Environmental Law (University of Chicago Law Review, 2012).
- The Life of the Law: What Holmes Meant (Whittier Law Review, 2012). Note that this paper represents an excellent example of an historical biography. (Think Marcus Aurelius, think Neil Armstrong, think Aurelius Augustine, among others.)
Dodd-Frank note/paper (think extended essay), brief (think Common App standard essay), slide show and embedded videos example:
- The Political Economy of Dodd-Frank: Why Financial Reform Tends to be Frustrated and Systemic Risk Perpetuated (Cornell Law Review, 2012).
- Common App standard essay "brief" example (454 words), posted to The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation.
- Supplemental slide show. We'll be using SlideRocket for our slide shows.
-- David Scott Lewis